4 October 2021
UNESCO and the World Bank are jointly organizing the online symposium on education with the aims to exchange knowledge and experiences on existing policies and programmes regarding the current teacher professional development systems.When: 13 October 2021, 17:00 – 19:30 (Almaty time)
Type of event: Symposium (open to public)
- Ministries of Education in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan;
- Higher education institutes involved in training of teachers and education professionals;
- Regional and global thinkers and implementers on effective teacher policies;
- other education stakeholders or interested participants
Languages: English and Russian (with simultaneous translation)
Teachers are the critical factors behind education quality. The studies find that several consecutive years of effective teaching can offset the learning shortfalls of marginalized students.
High performing education systems attract and retain best talent into the teaching force, provide tailored, focused, practical, and ongoing pre-service and in-service trainings and empower teachers through increased autonomy and exciting career trajectories to lead improvement in education quality in their classes, schools, communities, and the country.
Discussion of key issues in the field of teacher development and the teaching profession, in particular:
- policies for attracting and retaining the best talent for teaching;
- features of successful programs and strategies on teacher training and professional development.
Event agenda: Skilled_Teachers_Skilled_Nation_Agenda_ENG.pdf
All materials and full recordings of the meeting in Russian and English are available at the following link.
UNESCO: Ms. Meirgul Alpysbayeva, Education Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
World Bank Group: Ms. Syedah Aroob Iqbal, Education Economist email@example.com